Rock Island Auction is the World’s #1 auction house for collectible firearms and military memorabilia. We are known for offering unique, rare and one of a kind items not found anywhere else. We are also known for our outstanding customer service, our award winning catalogs and fun and exciting auctions. As a rapidly growing company, we welcome resumes and/or applications from those who enjoy working in a fast paced and constantly changing environment. We also offer comfortable employee amenities, including a new facility as well as a state-of-the-art exercise room. If you have an interest in history, firearms or serving clients in a unique and unusual environment, RIAC just might be the place for you!
If you are interested in any of the current openings below, or want to get your application on file, click on “Apply Now” or send your resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
We currently have an immediate opening for an experienced Programmer Analyst who enjoys working in a high energy and rapidly growing environment. The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure the data integrity and the efficient performance of the database as well as writing programs in SQL Server utilizing Microsoft Access.
- In-depth analytic work to ensure the highest database accuracy possible
- Manipulating the data to ensure accuracy as well as optimization of the system performance
- Timely and effective problem resolution
- Build enhancements integrating data with existing web-based systems
- Assess and identify database requirements based on new applications and company requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent education and experience
- Strong working knowledge of SQL 2005. Candidate should be able to design, implement and maintain database in an MS SQL Server environment
- Experience with SQC Server security
- MS T-SQL, SSIS, VBA, ADO and DAO programming
- MS Access VBA a must
- Thorough knowledge of stored procedures, database normalization, replication, user security, triggers, user-defined functions, SSIS packages, SQL job agent is required
- Experience in systems analysis, system design, programming, testing and debugging, and documentation creation.
- Experience in interfacing with users to determine requirements, identifying potential new system functions and determining whether current system functions are satisfying needs.
- Commitment to quality, accuracy and attention to detail
This is a full time, salaried position with benefits. Compensation based on experience. Hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., some weekend work required.
Road Crew (Part-Time)
We travel throughout the United States picking up collections from those consigning to us. We are currently seeking temporary part time employees to be part of our road crews. Duties will include, but are not limited to, driving, verifying inventory, packing items transport, and providing excellent customer service to our clients. Some knowledge of collectible firearms is desired.
You must be able to pass a DOT physical. If hired, we schedule and pay for the physical. You also must be able to lift 50 lbs and be on your feet for extended periods. If you like to travel and are looking for a job that allows you see and handle pieces of history, this is the job for you!
This is a temporary part-time position; the number of trips you are scheduled on may vary from none one month to two or three the next month. Some trips are out and back in one day; others may be several days long. We cover all expenses while on the road. Must be 21 or older.
If you are interested in any of the current openings, or want to get your application on file, click Download an Application and Apply Now or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.