OF - FAIR- some major parts replaced; minor replacement parts may be required; metal rusted, may be lightly pitted all over, vigorously cleaned; rounded edges of metal and wood; principal lettering, numerals and design on metal partly obliterated; wood scratched, bruised, cracked or repaired where broken; in fair working order or can be easily repaired and placed in working order.
NPRF - NON-PROFESSIONALLY REFINISHED/COLD BLUE, ETC.
Manufactured in 1885 and subsequently rebuilt in the late 20th century (stretched and completely remarked), this revolver features a blade front and frame notch rear sights and the later style oval ejector rod head. The top of the barrel is marked with the later block style one line address, the left side of the frame is marked with the three line, three patent date marking followed by "U.S." and the complete matching serial number is marked on the frame, trigger guard and backstrap, and the partial serial number "5471" is marked on the barrel under the ejector rod housing and on the cylinder. The small inspector markings "DFC" and "P" are marked on the bottom of the barrel just ahead of the cylinder pin. "P" inspection mark is present on the cylinder and there is a "K" below the trigger guard serial number and "D.F.C." above the frame serial number and on the cylinder. The loading gate is marked with assembly number "3695". The revolver is fitted with smooth one piece walnut grips with a boxed "JGB" (Captain John G. Butler) cartouche on the lower left side and an unreadable boxed cartouche on the right side. The bottom right side is stamped "D.F.C." According to the accompanying factory letter, this is one of 200 revolvers shipped to the U.S. Government inspector at the Colt plant on September 30, 1885 and that the revolver was returned to the Colt factory for refurbishment to Artillery Model configuration.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot