Manufactured in 1941 and 1942, the G41(M) was an early Nazi attempt at a semi-automatic rifle. Designed around a "Bang" pattern gas trap, the rifle also had a conventional bolt. In semi-automatic operation the bolt served as a non-reciprocating charging handle, chambering the first round and cocking the striker, but in event of a gas system failure the operator could continue to fire the weapon like a conventional bolt action rifle. The introduction of more reliable gas port systems made the conventional bolt unneeded, and it would be eliminated from later designs. Hooded blade front and tangent rear sights, with "G41(M)/1942" on the chamber and "Eagle/135" proofs on multiple components. Matching serial numbers are present overall. Fitted with a smooth pistol grip stock with a brown leather sling and a cupped steel buttplate.
Very fine as partially refinished (wood, forward portion of barrel and muzzle brake and trigger guard), with balance of rifle retaining 80% of the original blue finish, showing areas of brown patina and mild handling marks overall. The lightly sanded, revarnished stock is fine, with faint markings, a few light dings and fine grain overall. Mechanically excellent.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot