Originally developed by inventor Haeussler and patented by Max Hermsdorff on November 12, 1906, under German patent number 176909, the Adler (Eagle) pistol is a straight blowback semi-automatic using a proprietary 7.25mm cartridge and a hinged dust cover assembly for easy field stripping and cleaning. This early German pistol shares ergonomic similarities with the Luger and Borchardt pistols in terms of the overall shape and grip angle. Blade front and notch rear sights, with a tapered barrel. Right side of breech end of barrel and frame both marked with "crown/crown/U" German proofs. Right side of the frame marked "PATENT HAEUSSLER/ADLERWAFFENWERKE/ENGELBRECHT & WOLFE". Underside of the barrel and rear grip strap marked with serial number "1268". Matching eight round magazine marked "68" on the floorplate. Fitted with checkered walnut grips. Provenance: The Clive Cussler Collection
Very fine, retaining 85% of the original blue finish with some light muzzle wear, some light scratches, some patches of light freckling, and some light edge wear. Bolt and trigger with scattered spotting. Grips are fine replacements with some light handling marks and crisp recut checkering. Mechanically excellent.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot