Manufactured in 1939, this is one of 3,636 pistols ordered by the U.S. Navy in early 1939. The main change visible on these pistols when compared to previous examples was the shortening of the hammer spur, which was shortened by approximately 1/8 inch, putting it more in line with the original short hammer which was adopted in 1911. The left of the slide has the two-line, two-block patent dates and address separated by the Rampant Colt and a "P" proof on top. The barrel is reparkerized and is marked "COLT 45 AUTO" on the left over "P" on the lug. "F" is stamped on the bottom. The left of the frame is marked "P" and "H", while the right has the standard U.S. property and army nomenclature along with the serial number. The barrel is marked "F" on the bottom. Fitted with blade and notch sights, short milled trigger, long grip safety, arched checkered mainspring housing with lanyard loop, reinforced grips, and an unmarked full blue magazine. Provenance: The Gus Cargile Collection
Very fine, retains 95% plus of the arsenal applied refurbished parkerized finish with some light edge and handling wear, primarily on the grip straps, and some light handling marks. The slide is mixed numbered. The grips are also very fine with only the slightest handling marks and crisp checkering. Mechanically excellent.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot