These conversion revolvers were dubbed as the "Improved Navy" revolvers and many were not conversions as they originally left factory as a cartridge revolver circa 1873-1888. The revolver features a 6-shot .38 cylinder and a loading gate and side rod ejector installed on the right side of the barrel and frame. A majority of these revolvers are believed to had been sold to B. Kittredge Co. of Cincinnati, Ohio, a major distributor for western frontier dealers and stores. These revolver saw hard use on the frontier, and high condition example like this one are difficult to find. The top barrel flat has the three-line patent/address/New Model marking. The revolver wears pearl grips which are numbered to the gun on the backs. The barrel is numbered to the gun. Provenance: The E.J. "Ted" Collection; The Milan J. Turk Collection
Excellent, retaining 98% original nickel plating with minimal handling marks. The right grip panel has a repair at the toe and a couple chips, otherwise grips are very fine with highly attractive fiery colors. Mechanically excellent.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot