This pair of c. 1870 percussion pistols were made for and sold by Faure LePage in Paris. The famous LePage firm was taken over by Emile Henry Faure LePage in 1868. He had been a partner in LePage Moutier since 1865. The pistols have Liege proofs and are signed "FNI P. FAURE LE PAGE A PARIS" cut through the blue of the rifled barrels which have bead front sights and floral scroll engraved breech plugs numbered "1" and "2." The standing breeches are also floral scroll engraved and incorporate fixed notch rear sights and additional "1" and "2" markings. The stocks have "3263" to the left at the breech. The locks and furniture also have floral scroll engraving. The stocks have relief carved floral scroll patterns at the forend tips and fluted wrists. The original case has "FAURE LEPAGE/8 RUE DE RICHELIEU/A PARIS" in gold inside the lid. The case contains a mallet, ball mold, screwdriver, flask, rods, and balls.
Very fine with 70% plus original bright blue finish, attractive French gray on most of the furniture, some light oxidation, and fairly minor overall wear. The stock is also very fine and has crisp carving and fluting, smooth finish, and some light handling and storage marks. Mechanically excellent. The case and accessories are also very good with some mild age and storage related wear, some repairs to the case, and refinished mold.
Fine with 50% plus original bright blue finish, some areas on the muzzle section rubbed back to a gray patina, attractive French gray on most of the furniture, some light oxidation, and mild overall wear. The stock is also fine and has crisp carving and fluting, smooth finish, a repair below the bolster, faint crack near the toe, and some light handling and storage marks. Mechanically excellent.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot