OB - EXCELLENT- all original parts; over 80% original finish; sharp lettering, numerals and design on metal; unmarred wood.
PRF - PROFESSIONALLY REFINISHED OR RESTORED
Fourth Model manufactured in 1883. The Model 1866 was the first firearm to be built under the Winchester name after the New Haven Arms Company changed its name to Winchester Repeating Arms Company in 1866. It was a much improved version of the Henry, with improvements such as the solid magazine tube, the loading port and the addition of a forearm. They were extremely popular on the Frontier West in the post Civil War era and typically saw extremely heavy use. Blade front and adjustable buck horn rear sight. Blue barrel and magazine tube, casehardened remaining parts and mounted with an attractive smooth high gloss birds eye maple forearm and straight grip stock. Nicely restored.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot