This pistol is one of just 606 Model 1811 Army Contract flintlock pistol with early pin-fastened barrels, manufactured by Simeon North in Berlin, Connecticut, between 1811 and 1812. The back strap is iron. The lock plate has beveled edges and is fitted with a reinforced hammer and detachable brass pan with high fence. The distinctive umbrella-shaped buttcap, trigger guard, side plate and single ramrod pipe are brass. The hickory ramrod has an iron worm. The lock plate is marked: "S. NORTH/BERLIN/CON." in three lines behind the cock and is stamped with an eagle over "U. STATES" between the cock and the frizzen spring. The left side of the barrel is stamped with an indented oval "eagle-head/CT" stamp between "US" and "V" inspection marks. There is an illegible inspection mark on the left stock flat.
Very good as reconverted to flintlock configuration. The iron primarily displays a gray patina with some light brown forming, small spots of minor pitting, and scattered minor marks. The brass has an aged patina. There is a chip absent from the ramrod pipe. The stock is also very good with some small strike marks and scratches. The action functions very well. The markings are mostly clear. These pistols are seldom encountered, in any condition given only 1,156 total were produced and only 606 were in this configuration.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot