According to the included Cody Museum letter, this rifle spent one day in the warehouse on August 30, 1877, and is recorded as having an octagon barrel, set trigger, checkered stock and being "half nickel" indicating a nickel receiver and blued barrel and magazine. Blade front and sporting semi-buckhorn rear sights, with the two-line address and 1866/1860 patent dates on the top barrel flat and a magazine just a fraction of an inch shy of full length. The receiver is finished in nickel with a matching finished dust cover showing a checkered "thumbprint" grip, a nickeled loading gate and hammer, and a casehardened lever. The forearm and straight-wrist buttstock are checkered, with a nickel forearm cap and a casehardened trapdoor buttplate.
Very good as refinished (barrel, magazine, stock). The blue components mostly show a brown patina overall, with some bright edge wear and scattered handling marks, while 70% of the flaked, polished nickel is present, with areas flaked and showing a mixed brown and gray aged patina and some mild scratches as well. The lever shows some traces of original color, with much of the surface faded. The wood is very good, with recut checkering and scattered dings. Mechanically fine, including the set trigger.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot