Although often referred to as the North & Skinner revolving rifle based on the patent for the design, these rifles were actually manufactured by North & Savage of Middletown, Connecticut, around 1856 to 1859. It is estimated that only a total of 600-700 were manufactured. It has a rounded blade front sight, ring pattern at the transition form round to octagon, "NORTH & SAVAGE MIDDLETOWN. CONN. CAST-STEEL" on top of the barrel, a notch and "ear" rear sight marked "290," "THE WORLD'S REVOLVER" on the upper right barrel flat, "PATENTED JUNE 1 1852" on the upper left barrel flat, "390" on the bottom of the barrel, flat loading lever, the distinctive action that partially covers the cylinder, under-lever that rotates the cylinder and cocks the hammer, "390" on some of the action components, and a smooth stock with a brass patch box on the left side and an iron buttplate.
Very good with light gray and brown patina throughout, some minor oxidation/pitting, generally distinct markings, mild overall wear, and dark aged patina on the brass. The stock is fine and has dark oiled finish, some minor storage marks, and slight edge/corner wear. Mechanically fine.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot