This is a late WWII German MP44 fully automatic assault rifle that was originally manufactured/inspected by the ERMA Werkes factory. These were the first true mass production assault rifle with an estimated 300,000 manufactured before the war ended. They used numerous subcontracted parts usually assembled by one of the prime contractors. They fired a 7.92x33mm Kurz intermediate length cartridge, which was basically a shortened 8mm Mauser cartridge. The side of the magazine well is stamped with serial number "9273 s/44" (indicating production in 1944) with the model "MP44" stamped farther back on the upper section of the receiver. Directly over those markings on top of the receiver it is stamped "LAFRANCE SPECIALTIES/SAN DIEGO CA". It is fitted with a set of original parts with appropriate Waffenamt proofs. The concept with this weapon and cartridge was that by using a shorter/lighter cartridge that average German soldier could carry more ammunition but still had the capability of firing in both semi and fully automatic mode, with a greater, more effective range than the standard MP40 SMG. The underside of the receiver is stamped with "cos", along with a "EagleWaA44" and "Eagle/280" Waffenamt proofs, indicating assembly at the ERMA Werkes Factory. It has an all blued metal finish and a solid buttstock. It is complete with one original MP-44 marked 30 round magazine.
Fine with 70% of the blue finish still remaining overall with general light wear and blue loss overall, mixed with areas of a light gray patina finish. The wood components are all in very fine condition with a nice original oil finish showing minor handling marks on the sides in various areas. Mechanically excellent. NOTE: This weapon is a National Firearms Act (NFA), fully transferable Class 3, which is registered with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, (BATFE) under the provisions of 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44 and 27 CFR part 478.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot