This is a good example of a WWII Russian manufactured PPSh-41 submachine gun as developed by Soviet arms designer Georgy Shpagin, in 1941. This is a fully operational, and fully transferable submachine gun. These were probably the most emblematic Russian submachine guns used during WWII all the way up through the 1950s, until the development and fielding of the AK47. They were manufactured in the millions and are pictured in all of the wartime Russian operation/battle field war movies, with any example being very scarce today as all remained in Russia after the war. They fired from an open bolt, using the standard 7.62x 25mm pistol cartridge with an 900 rds/min cyclic rate of fire. The top of the receiver is stamped with "1944/7891/a 12 inside a triangle" indicating this weapon was manufactured at factory 12. It has the simple stamped two position rear sight with the post front sight. It has a very thin blue finish with an original WWII hardwood stock. It has matching serial numbers on the upper receiver, rear receiver tang, lower trigger housing group and the side of the buttstock. It is complete with one fifty (50 rd) drum magazine, three 30 round stick magazines, in an original cloth type pouch and a green canvas sling.
Very good with 30% of a very thin phosphate finish still remaining overall mostly in the protected areas. The markings are still clear and distinct. The buttstock is in good condition having been lightly sanded and revarnished but still retaining its matching visible markings on the side. NOTE: This item is restricted as a National Firearms Act (NFA), fully transferable Class 3, which is registered with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, (BATFE) that is classified as a "Curios or Relic" as defined in 27 CFR, 478.11. These weapons are still subject to the provisions of 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44 and 27 CFR part 478.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot