Manufactured in 1893, the second year of production, with standard markings. Fitted with blade front and folding ladder rear sights and a saddle ring and staple on the left of the receiver. Mounted with a smooth forearm and straight grip stock with a carbine buttplate. The included factory letter confirms the current configuration as well as receipt at the warehouse on 21 July 1893 and shipment on 8 September 1893.
Fine, retains 40% original blue finish with the balance thinned to a mixture of grey and brown patina. The top barrel band screw is absent. The wood is very good with some scattered minor dings and scratches and extensive possibly heat related crazing. Mechanically needs work as hammer does not stay in full cock when using lever.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot