Manufactured in 1942, shipped to Britain during World War II, and inspected at the Birmingham Proof House. One of a number of weapons supplied as part of "Lend-Lease", many of which were released as surplus in the 1960s and commercially proofed prior to sale. Blade front and flat-top notch rear sights, standard slide markings, "U.S. PROPERTY" marking on right side of frame along with two British proofs, proof/tonnage marks on the barrel, and checkered Colt medallion grips. The included factory letter confirms the current configuration as well as shipment to the Port Transportation Officer at the New York Port of Embarkation in Brooklyn on 19 December 1944. Includes a hand numbered to match Kraft style box and an extra magazine.
Excellent, retains 99% of the original parkerized finish with only the slightest hints of edge wear and some packing grease residue. The grips are also excellent with only the slightest handling marks and crisp checkering. Mechanically excellent. The otherwise fine original box has one end of the lid absent, some tears, and mild wear.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot