Developed prior to World War II by Heinrich Vollmer of Mauser, the MG34 machine gun was a mainstay of German infantry forces through the full duration of the war. A machined steel beast, the 34 was a very versatile weapon, suitable for vehicle use, support fire from a sturdy folding tripod, or in rapid tactical movement from a bipod or fired from the shoulder. While later models were more efficient, banking heavily on stamped components and simplified designs to speed production, the MG34 was never fully retired. Flip up blade front and ladder rear sights, with a mounting point for an anti-aircraft "web" sight on the barrel shroud and the "S/243" code and "1939" date markings at the rear of the barrel housing. The housing and receiver have matching numbers, with some other components mixed; this part swapping started during the war itself, as damaged weapons would often be cannibalized by units in the field to keep their other machine guns running. A sheet metal ammunition drum is attached to the left side, with the proper two stage trigger and manual safety in the trigger housing. The buttstock is brown Bakelite plastic. A leather shoulder sling and folding bipod are included.
Good. Much of the metal surface has taken on an aged gray appearance, with strong blue confined to the protected areas. More blue is visible on the receiver cover and barrel. The retention spring for the rear bipod mount is damaged. The stock is also good, with mild scratching and scuffing overall, and the sling shows mild wear and handling marks. Mechanically excellent. NOTE: This weapon is a National Firearms Act (NFA), fully transferable Class 3, which is registered with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, (BATFE) that is classified as a "Curios or Relic" as defined in 27 CFR, 478.11. These weapons are still subject to the provisions of 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44 and 27 CFR part 478.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot