Manufactured in 1943 before the introduction of the G43 rifle, the G41 was one of the only production model semi-automatic rifles to use the "gas trap" system as opposed to the gas port used on the G43 which has become the de-facto standard for gas-operated weaponry from World War II up through the modern day. The barrel has the standard blade front and tangent rear sights, the model and manufacturer markings on the left side of the finely machined receiver, machined metal dust cover, and a machined bolt carrier with a solid cocking knob, and a left side mounted bolt catch. Fitted with a smooth laminated pistol grip stock, with a double "eagle/Waffenamt" proof on the right side, resin handguard and a cupped stamped steel buttplate. Matching numbers present on the gas system, bolt carrier, dust cover, magazine, trigger guard and buttstock.
Excellent, with 95% plus of the original blue finish, showing some rough spots on the magazine and front barrel band, dings on the dust cover, a few areas of gray patina and mild handling marks. The stock is also excellent, with crisp original markings, some scattered dings and scratches. Mechanically excellent. One will look a long time to find a finer example!
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot