Manufactured in 1944, during the height of World War II. The left side of the slide is marked with the two-line/two-block address separated by the Rampant Colt, "G.H.D." inspected frame with "P/VP" proof, matching "P" proofs on the frame and slide, and standard U.S. property and army nomenclature on the right of the frame. Fitted with blade and notch sights, checkered slide catch, thumb safety, and narrow hammer, long grip safety, and arched serrated mainspring housing with lanyard loop. Fitted with a full blue "S" marked magazine, full blue barrel with "P" and "HS" on the lug, and reinforced checkered grips. Provenance: The Dr. Robert Azar Collection
Excellent, retains 97% plus of the original parkerized finish with some scattered very light edge wear and handling marks. The grips are also excellent with only the slightest handling marks and crisp checkering. Mechanically excellent.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot