Approximately 5,095 manufactured from 1868-1869, with the final 95 carbines being sold commercially. Previously believed to have been assembled by Springfield Armory using Remington made actions, it is now suggested that these carbines were manufactured entirely by Remington. It shows the standard Remington address/patent markings on the upper tang, "P/F.C.W/anchor" on the right of the receiver, an anchor on top of the barrel. "FCW" cartouches on the right side of the forearm and faintly on the buttstock. Discreet "GDM", George D. Moller collection mark on the toe. Includes leather sling and wood tampion. Provenance: The George Moller Collection
Very good, showing mostly a smooth grey-brown patina, a few scattered minor dings, and crisp markings. The wood is fine with some minor dings and scratches scattered throughout and the forearm cartouche crisp. Mechanically excellent.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot