Manufactured in 1943, during the height of World War II. The left side of the slide is marked with the two-line/two-block address separated by the Rampant Colt, "G.H.D." inspected frame with "1/VP" proof, matching "P" proofs on the frame and slide, and standard U.S. property and army nomenclature on the right of the frame. Fitted with blade and notch sights, checkered slide catch, thumb safety, and wide spur hammer, long grip safety, and arched checkered mainspring housing with lanyard loop. The replacement arsenal parkerized barrel is marked "HS-1" on the lower left and a rubber bushing is installed on the recoil spring guide. Fitted with a full blue "L" marked magazine and reinforced checkered grips.
Extremely fine, retains 97% of the original parkerized finish on the frame and slide with some light edge wear and a light takedown mark. The barrel is an arsenal reparkerized replacement. The grips are also excellent with only the slightest handling marks and crisp checkering. Mechanically excellent.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot