Manufactured by Mauser in 1935; while the Germans were still paying lip service to the Treaty of Versailles, 1935 was the second year of renewed Luger production, as the Nazis already had designs on Lebensraum in Eastern Europe and payback against the French. Fixed sights, with the "G" date mark on the chamber, "S/42" on the front toggle link, faint "W|154" and "S|92" proofs, and "drop wing eagle" firing proofs on the extension, barrel and breechblock. Straw colored small parts, nitre blue springs, pins and screws, checkered grips and a nickel magazine with aluminum base marked "B|90" along with a matching serial number. Numbers are matching overall, including on the grip panels. Included with the lot is a 1939 dated black leather flap holster with a F. Grosse Dresden makers mark and Waffenamt proof on the rear, extra magazine with a blued body and an "eagle/88" marked aluminum base, and an "eagle/63" marked takedown tool. Provenance: The Mel Raucher Collection
Very fine, with 85% of the original blue finish, showing mild spotting, edge wear and handling marks. The straw color has darkened slightly but remains 80% intact on the small parts. The grips are also very fine, with mild dings and dents. The holster is good as repaired, with replaced belt loops and stitching, and minor scuffing. Mechanically excellent.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot