These pistols were originally designed after World War II to replace the assortment of pistols in different calibers that were being employed by the French military and police. They were initially manufactured by M.A.C. (Chatellerault) from approximately 1953 to 1963 before production was shifted to M.A.S. (St. Etienne). The left side of the slide is marked "M.A.C." while the right is marked "MODELE 1950/CAL.9mm". The right of the frame is marked "FRANCE" and has the serial number. It is fitted with blade and notch sights and a pair of serrated grips.
Very fine, retains 90% plus of the original phosphate finish with some light edge wear and scattered light handling marks. The grips are fine with some light handling marks scattered throughout. Mechanically excellent.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot