Manufactured in 1943, during the height of World War II. The left side of the slide is marked with the two-line/two-block address separated by the Rampant Colt, "G.H.D." inspected frame with "T/VP" proof, matching "P" proofs on the frame and slide, and standard U.S. property and army nomenclature on the right of the frame. Fitted with blade and notch sights, checkered slide catch, thumb safety, and wide spur hammer, long grip safety, and arched checkered mainspring housing with lanyard loop. The full blue barrel is marked "COLT 45 AUTO" on the lower left, "S" on the bottom, and "P" on the left of the lug. Fitted with a full blue "S" and "C-S" marked magazine and reinforced checkered grips. Provenance: The Ron Bucholtz Collection
Excellent, retains 98% plus of the original parkerized finish with a few scattered light handling marks, a light takedown mark, and some very light edge wear. The grips are also excellent with only the slightest handling marks. Mechanically excellent.