Manufactured in 1943 before the introduction of the G43 rifle, the G41 was one of the only production model semi-automatic rifles to use the "gas trap" system, as opposed to the gas port used on the G43, which has become the de-facto standard for gas-operated weaponry from World War II up through the modern day. The barrel has the standard blade front and tangent rear sights, the model and manufacturer markings on the left side of the finely machined receiver, machined metal dust cover, and a machined bolt carrier with a solid cocking knob, and a left side mounted bolt catch. A set of scope rails are integrally machined into the receiver around the rear sight for use with a ZF41-pattern low-powered marksman optic. Fitted with a smooth laminated pistol grip stock, with a double "eagle/Waffenamt" proof on the right side, sling, resin handguard and a cupped stamped steel buttplate.
Fine, with 60% of the original blue finish, showing a mixed brown patina on the remainder, spotting on the buttplate, and mild handling marks overall. The external numbers are matching, with mixed numbers on some of the internals. The stock is fine as lightly sanded and re-oiled, with faint markings and a few mild dents. Mechanically excellent.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot