Adopted by the Austro-Hungarian Army in 1907 and manufactured by Osterreichische Waffenfabrik-Ges in Steyr, Austria, from 1907 to 1914. The pistol functions with a locked breech, rotating barrel action. Features a double action trigger, knurled cocking piece, fixed blade and notch sights, and the second variation frame with the disconnector pin. The top of the barrel is marked "WAFFENFABRIK STEYR" along with the later added serial number. These late pistols were assembled from mostly unfinished parts, as is the case with this example that is almost entirely "in the white" apart from the nose cap which is blue. The consignor notes that further information regarding these rare "late assembly" pistols can be found in "Vom Ursprung der Selbstladepistole" by Mötz & Schuy. It is fitted with serrated, oil finished walnut grips with a blank identification disk on the right panel.
Excellent, showing mostly bright original "in the white" finish with some scattered patches showing a slightly brown patina and most of the blue finish remaining on the nose cap. The grips are excellent with some scattered minor dings and otherwise crisp serrations. Mechanically excellent.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot