This example was manufactured in 1943, prior to the introduction of the G43 rifle. The G41 was one of the only production model semi-automatic rifles to use the "gas trap" system, as opposed to the gas port used on the G43, which has become the de-facto standard for gas-operated weaponry from World War II up through the modern day. The barrel has the standard blade front and tangent rear sights, the model and manufacturer markings on the left side of the finely machined receiver, machined metal dust cover, and a machined bolt carrier with a solid cocking knob, and a left mounted bolt catch. A set of scope rails are integrally machined into the receiver around the rear sight for use with a ZF41-pattern low-powered marksman optic (not included). Fitted with a smooth laminated pistol grip stock, resin handguard and a cupped stamped steel buttplate. Matching serial numbers visible on the front sight, receiver, bolt carrier, bolt housing, fixed magazine, trigger guard/magazine housing and underside of the buttstock. "7410" marked on the replacement gas cone. Includes period leather sling. Provenance: The Paul Crockett Jr. Collection
Fine, retains 40% original blue finish with smooth gray and brown patina on the balance, a few scattered small patches of light pitting, and sharp markings and edges in the metal overall. Stock is also fine with scattered scratches and dents, some light wear around the buttstock area and a few chips at the toe. Mechanically excellent.