Manufactured in 1940, the "480" code Walther P.38s were the first full production run of military P.38 pistols, having benefited from the lessons learned during the "Zero Series" P.38 run. Fixed sights, with the left side of the slide marked "P.38 480", followed by the serial number and the right side has the "eagle/swastika" and "eagle/359" stamps. The "480" code is repeated on the left side of the trigger guard, with "359" proofs on several components and matching numbers on the frame, barrel, locking block, both of the ribbed black grip panels and on the left side of the blued magazine; the latter also has a "+" stamp, suggesting that it was originally the spare magazine for the pistol. Included is a black leather flap holster marked "emj41" on the rear and an unnumbered "Eagle 359" proofed blue finished magazine. Provenance: The Paul Crockett Jr. Collection
Very fine, with 80% plus of the original blue finish, showing bright wear on the high edges, the start of a brown patina on the front strap, and mild handling marks. The grips are fine, with some minor scratches, and the holster is very fine with a few mild scuffs. Mechanically excellent.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot