This Walther P.38 pistol with "480" Code was produced in late 1940 and represented the first true military contract pistol with approximately 7,250 produced. This earlier production P38 has the high polish blue finish. The left side of the slide is marked "P.38", "480", followed by the serial number. The "480" code is also present on the left side of the trigger guard bow. The matching serial number is also marked on the front of the barrel lug, the left side of the frame above the trigger guard bow and on the toe of the magazine. The left side of the slide is stamped with two "eagle/359" Army acceptance marks flanking the military "eagle/swastika" firing proof. "Eagle/359" stamps are located on the right side of the barrel lug and locking block, the left side of the frame, on the take-down lever, slide hold back, on top of slide in front of the rear sight and on the hammer. The "eagle/swastika" proof is stamped on the left side of the locking block and the bottom is marked "058". Fitted with serrated Bakelite grips with the round lanyard loop on the lower left side.
Professionally restored with 99% blue finish showing a few minor dings and scratches. There is a small area of pitting on top of the barrel and a small area of small scratches on the left side of the slide that have been finished over. The grips are very fine with a few minor scratches and nicks. The markings are clear. Mechanically excellent.
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot