Manufactured in 1943 before the introduction of the G43 rifle, the G41 was one of the only production model semi-automatic rifles to use the "gas trap" system as opposed to the gas port used on the G43 which has become the de-facto standard for gas-operated weaponry from World War II up through the modern day. The barrel has the standard blade front and tangent rear sights, the model and manufacturer markings on the left side of the finely machined receiver, machined metal dust cover, and a machined bolt carrier with a solid cocking knob, and a left side mounted bolt catch. Fitted with a smooth laminated pistol grip stock, with a double "Eagle/Waffenamt" proof on the right side, resin handguard and a cupped stamped steel buttplate. It has matching external numbers, including on the buttstock. Included is a WWII German brown leather sling and cleaning rod.
Very fine, with 80% of the original blue finish, showing scattered spotting/oxidization, edge wear and mild handling marks. The stock is also very fine with a number of dings and scratches. The otherwise fine sling shows some cracking and drying. Mechanically excellent. This exceptional G41 will fill the void in your World War II collection very nicely!
There are currently no customer product questions on this lot